SALIENT FEATURES :
- Steel Cum Concrete Weighbridge
- Fully Welded Fabricated Modules
- Flexible Module Design
- Low Profile
- Easy to Move
- Raft foundation helps in Low cost of ownership.
- Strong construction, reliable & long life
- Easy loading/unloading Quick Installation
- Box Channel (Hollow) & Fully Welded I-Beam Type
- Heavy Duty RCC Top
- Platform Length : 6 Meter ~ 24 Meter
- Platform Width : 3 Meter ~ 4 Meter
- Accuracy Class : OIML approved Class – III
- Weighing Capacity : 200 t
- Both Side Vehicle Guide Rails
ADVANTAGES OF CONCRETE PLATE FORM OVER STEEL PLATFORM :
COST : The cost of material required for construction of concrete platform is approximately 40% less than that of steel platform.
MATERIAL QUALITY : Quality of steel is always a suspect owing to the presence of a number of local companies which make cheaper and inferior quality steel, thereby decreasing the life & performance of steel components over time whereas the onsite construction of concrete weigh bridges helps monitor quality capacity.
DESIGN : Steel being flexible tends to bend & rattles when the truck comes onto the platform. Due to this there is a lateral pull of the load cells wherein ideally the load should be transferred vertically. The concrete platform is a rigid monolithic structure. As soon as the vehicle comes over the platform, the load gets distributed to all 6-load cells.
MAINTENANCE : Due to rattling of steel structure, nuts & bolts get loosened thereby requiring periodic tightening. Also steel gets rusted due to changes in the environment over a period. Being a totally RCC structure, there is no rusting of components in concrete platforms hence they are totally maintenance free.
STRENGTH : Steel structure being lighter by weight than the gross load of the vehicle coming on the platform, a cantilever effect takes place with inverse forces taking place at the ends thereby having a tendency to twist the steel structure & causing weighing errors. The concrete platform being a heavy mass has more stability. Hence, no inverse forces take place in the platform.
VEHICLE MOVEMENT : Vehicle movement & sudden braking tends to break the anti-skid strips welded onto the steel platform requiring re-welding of the strips by dismantling the load cells, thus rendering the weighbridge out of use for some time. In the case of concrete platform weigh-bridges, vehicle movement is arrested due to rough surface of the concrete platform.
WEIGHBRIDGE LIFE : The steel platform/girder structure gets weak due to rusting & loosening of nuts etc. The top plate & joints have a bending effect after few years. The concrete platform has a very long life and no bending effect takes place.
LIGHTNING PROTECTION: Steel structured weigh bridges are prone to electro-static charge
- high electric field caused by strong winds & lightening which may damage the weighing instrumentation & load cells. The platform of concrete structure is totally immune to such environmental harshness, thereby the system more stable & maintenance free.