Generally, surface mounted weighbridges require guide rails fixed on the sides of the platform, which help vehicles to be aligned centrally on the bridge. This type of installation is better suited when the bridge may need to be shifted, or for temporary (sometimes called ‘portable’) installations. In most cases the site conditions, such as availability of space, will dictate the type of weighbridge available to you. Both surface and pit mounted weighbridges require a firm surface with load bearing capacity, the details of which will be specified in the ‘Plan of Foundation’ drawings provided by the weighbridge supplier.
It may be advantageous to choose a weighbridge which has a common structural design for surface and pit mounting, this will allow future flexibility for changing the type of weighbridge
- Costly Pit construction is eliminated.
- Platform above ground level- No water logging during rainy season
- Problem of pit maintenance is eliminated.
- Easy maintenance since all parts accessible above ground level.
- In Pitless weighbridges RCC ramp work must be required at least 3 meters for both sides for easy movement of vehicle